Tap Room Terms and Conditions.
We expect all visitors to observe government guidelines for the safety and comfort of all our customers and staff. This includes:
- Keeping 2 metres apart when possible from other people except those in your booking group
- Wearing a mask when moving to and from your table and only remove it when sat at your table. Sanitation stations are also available
- If you feel at all unwell before or after you visit, please notify us. We will keep hold of your contact details in case we need to contact you
Booking & arrival
Bookings are taken in advance online or in person at the door although space cannot be guaranteed. The booker needs to keep contact details of all who were on their table for 21 days after in case Track and Trace need to follow up.
Please queue at the entrance, respecting the "don't hog my space" notices. You will be checked in outside the kiln taproom and given a table card to display in the holder on your table. The temperature of everyone in your party will be taken.
The other members of the party can move to the service table to choose your 3.5 pint flagon already paid for with the booking and pick up glasses. We will continue to use glass returnable flagons which we intend to wash and reuse to reduce plastic waste - please do not take the flagons away.
From the 12th April we will be able to open our outside & marquee seating area for Rule of Six gatherings. From the 20th May we will also open our Kiln & Hangar seating for Rule of Six gatherings.
Should we find that we cannot open the bar for the session which you are booked, you will be notified of the cancellation and a refund will be issued in due course. Likewise, if you or any of your group receive a self-isolation recommendation, develop Coronavirus symptoms or live in an area under tier 3 restrictions, please contact us and we will refund or amend your booking.
Food & Drink
- Food will be available at each session and published online before the event
- Once seated, a member of staff will come to your table to take your food order - please do not queue at the Food Stand
- To order drinks, please ask for a member of Bar Staff to come to your table and they will bring the drinks to you shortly
- All payment will be taken from your table and we would prefer card or contactless payment
Temporary loos are available and will be cleaned throughout the evening. No smoking inside and please smoke away from other tables outside, in the designated area.
Children are very welcome if fully supervised by their parents but do need to stay at their allocated table. Dogs also welcome but need to be kept on a lead and please clear up after them.
Thank you for the support of your own local brewery and do please also support your local pubs in these challenging times…we now know how much we will miss them if they go!
Rupert Thompson, Owner, Hogs Back Brewery
And finally, sign up to join the Tongham TEA Club to receive our regular mailings and news of special offers and events.