Tap Room Terms and Conditions.
We expect all visitors to observe government guidelines for the safety and comfort of all our customers and staff. This includes:
- Keeping 2 metres apart when possible from other people except those in your booking group
- Table bookings are for a maximum of 6 people
- If you feel at all unwell before or after you visit, please notify us. We will keep hold of your contact details in case we need to contact you.
- We ask that you wear a mask when moving to and from your table and only remove it when sat at your table. Sanitation stations are also available.
- Your booking times are an indication of when you are likely to arrive. They are no restricted if you arrive a little later than your booking but please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before the booking start time.
- As food is offered at each session we ask that you do not bring your own food or drink for consumption in the bar.
- Last orders will be at 9.30pm on Friday and Saturday, and 3.30pm Sunday.
Ten safe steps to beer heaven.....!
Booking & arrival
- Bookings are taken in advance online or in person at the door although space cannot be guaranteed. The booker needs to keep contact details of all who were on their table for 21 days after in case Track and Trace need to follow up...we are aiming to ensure this doesn't happen by asking everyone to be mindful and use common sense with hygiene
- Tables can seat a maximum of 6 and are all 2m+ from each other – we can no longer permit two tables to be pulled together.
- Please queue at the entrance, respecting the "don't hog my space" notices. The staggered start times should minimise queueing. One of the team will welcome you. Please choose your first drinks.
- You will be checked in outside the kiln taproom and given a table card to display in the holder on your table. The temperature of everyone in your party will be taken.
- The other members of the party can move to the service table to collect their chosen beer and glasses, already paid for with the booking. We will also be selling wine by the glass or bottle, and soft drinks. Please pay for extra drinks at the same time (use contactless if at all possible). We will continue to use glass returnable flagons which we intend to wash and reuse to reduce plastic waste - please do not take the flagons away.
Ordering drinks & food
- Our servers will keep an eye on all the tables and when you want to order additional drinks, please signal to them. They will take the order and payment, and bring the drinks to you. We will clear empty flagons and if you are changing your drinks, we will bring clean glasses. Please stay at your table. We are not able to serve people from the bar this evening.
- Temporary loos are available. These will be cleaned during the evening and contain hand-washing facilities, and additional hand sanitiser will be available outside.
- No smoking inside the hop hanger and please smoke away from other tables outside, in the designated area.
- Children are very welcome if fully supervised by their parents but do need to stay at their allocated table and they may therefore get bored after a while! Dogs also welcome but need to be kept on a lead and please clear up after them. Unfortunately the grassed area and pond are part of the working farm and have some dangers, so please keep all members of your party away.
- Food will be offered at each session from a local food stand, details of which will be announced during the build up on our social media pages. A member of staff will come to your tables to take food orders and will take payment through card or Contactless payment.
Please take a look at the Bar Prices here.
We hope you enjoy your visit despite these Covid based restrictions….and if you do, please send some photos or comments on social media. Feedback and new ideas welcomed.
Thank you for the support of your own local brewery, and do please also support your local pubs in these challenging times…we now know how much we will miss them if they go!
Rupert Thompson, Owner, Hogs Back Brewery
And please don’t forget…Our very successful Drive Thru’ is continuing and you do not need to pre-order or pre-pay – just drive up and we will serve you as quickly as we can.
Also, if you live in most postcodes within 25 miles of the Brewery we will now deliver direct to your home, free of charge for larger orders.
We will shortly be introducing an exciting new ‘Brewery fresh flagon’ service – more information to follow.
Please let your friends know about us, and on the website we have introduced a "refer a friend" reward scheme.
And finally, sign up to join the Tongham TEA Club to receive our regular mailings and news of special offers and events.