If fully booked online please call 07856992163 to check if there is any availability on the day. Bookings for future sessions to open in the week before
We can't wait to welcome you back to Hogs Back Brewery to enjoy a pint of Brewery Fresh Beer from one of our bars this summer.
Our launch night for the Summer Bar on Saturday 4th July was a great success with 200 people enjoying a safe and responsible pint in our lovely Hop Hanger and outside overlooking the garden. Following this we have amended our plans for re-opening:
- The Bar will continue to be in the Hop Hanger and outside space next to the garden and the hours have been extended to Fridays & Saturdays, 5pm - 10pm and now Sundays 12pm - 6pm
- Pre-booking a table is still essential with advance payment taken for a 3.5 pint flagon of beer or cider which you choose on arrival
- From Saturday 24th July, there will be live acoustic music each Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon. A £5 addition table charge will be added to your booking on these nights. Keep an eye on our social media for band updates
- Each table is for 2 - 6 members of the same household or support bubble so we ask that if you would like to meet friends you book a table for each household.
- Arrival times are staggered to reduce queuing and so that are staff can check you in quickly before you choose where to sit
- New lighting and an improved sound system will be installed this week and food stands will be available at all sessions (more details to follow)
We will look to expand the bar's opening times later in the summer once we have reviewed the success of these sessions and with the opening of the Old Kiln Bar, next door to the Hop Hanger.
Ten safe steps to beer heaven…!
- All bookings are taken in advance online (no walk-ups we‘re afraid) and the booker needs to keep contact details of all who were on their table for 21 days after in case Track and Trace need to follow up…we are aiming to ensure that doesn’t happen by asking everyone to be mindful and use common sense with hygiene.
- Please queue at the welcome desk (green striped tent by large green hanger)– start times staggered to minimise queueing. Please choose your first drinks from list
- You will be checked in and given a table card, to display in the holder on your table.
- The other members of the party move to the service table to collect their chosen beer and glasses, already paid for with the booking. We will also be selling wine by the glass or bottle, and soft drinks. Please pay for extra drinks at the same time (use contactless if at all possible). We are testing glass returnable flagons which we intend to wash and reuse to reduce plastic waste -please do not take the flagons away.
- After that, our servers will keep an eye on all the tables and when you want to order additional drinks, please signal to them. They will take the order and payment, and bring the drinks to you. We will clear empty flagons and if you are changing your drinks, we will bring clean glasses. Please stay at your table. We are not able to serve people from the bar this evening.
- Tables can seat a maximum of 6 and are all 2m+ from each other – two tables can be pulled together if same household unit or grouping, but no more please.
- Temporary loos have been placed at the front of the Old Kiln. These will be cleaned during the evening and contain washing facilities, and additional hand sanitiser will be available outside.
- No smoking inside the hop hanger and please smoke away from other tables outside, in the designated area.
- Children are very welcome if fully supervised by their parents but do need to stay at their allocated table and they may therefore get bored after a while! Dogs also welcome but need to be kept on a lead and please clear up after them. Unfortunately the grassed area and pond are part of the working farm and have some dangers, so please keep all members of your party away.
- Food will be offered each evening from a local food stand, details of which will be announced during the build up on our social media pages. Orders will be taken from the stand with Card or Contactless payment preferred. We ask that 1 person from your group goes up to place the order and then listen out for your table number to go up to collect the food when ready.
Please take a look at the Bar Prices here.
Last orders will be at 9.30pm
We hope you enjoy the evening despite these Covid based restrictions….and if you do, please send some photos or comments on social media. Feedback and new ideas welcomed.
Thank you for the support of your own local brewery, and do please also support your local pubs in these challenging times…we now know how much we will miss them if they go!
Rupert Thompson, Owner, Hogs Back Brewery
And please don’t forget…
- Our very succesful Drive Thru’ is continuing and you do not need to pre order or pre pay – just drive up and we will serve you as quickly as we can.
- Also, if you live in most postcodes within 25 miles of the Brewery we will now deliver direct to your home, free of charge for larger orders.
- We will shortly be introducing an exciting new ‘Brewery fresh flagon’ service – more information to follow.
- The Old Kiln Bar will open in August – more information to follow.
- Please let your friends know about us, and on the website we have introduced a £10 ‘introduce a friend’ reward.
- And finally, sign up to join the Tongham Tea Club to receive our regular mailings and news of special offers and events.